Wednesday, April 4, 2012

February 20, 2012

Hello to my family and friends,

This week, as I may have explained last week, I was with Elder ****** as a companion, and we didn't really do much. We kind of just went to a few members houses and we prepared someone for baptism. We did have another baptism. That was cool. The only thing is, all the members thought it was just a bishop/missionary baptism so no one showed up. It was just six missionaries, the bishop and his wife, and then three other people showed up after the ordinance. Oh, and the family of the girl who was baptized was there too. The big news is I will be transferred again to a completely new area, with a new companion this Wednesday. I will be going to Joaçaba, and my companion will be Elder *******. Cool fact: Elder *********'s dad served a mission in Thailand. So, when it comes to this area, I don't really have too much to say about this week.

So right now, I can't even think of what I'm writing about. Happy late Birthday to Emily. I don't remember if I said that last week. I can't believe I have been here on the mission for 8 1/2 months already.

There was someone that was American that came in our ward today and gave a talk about doing service towards others and how having charity can make us great people. He used the movie Groundhog day as an analogy and how it was about a guy who was completely selfish and then he becomes completely charitable. I thought the talk was pretty good.

That is my report this week. Sorry it's short. I love you guys.

Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment