Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 9, 2012


Hello Family and Friends,

Good news! I got a new camera! Bad news, the cheapest camera that I was able to find was a $152 American and it feels like a toy camera. There was a Sony camera but that was about R$500 (reais). I do not know how much that would be in American; more than 200 bucks I think. But at least I have a camera, and you guys can see that I am doing well, and that I am not dead. :)

Good to hear that Easter was awesome. One of the members gave us some food for Easter. We ended up getting food poisoning, but - shhhh - don't tell them. It tasted good, and that's all that matters.

This week was tough. We didn't get an opportunity to teach a lot of lessons. This area is hard, but we have to push through. We are starting an English class this week and I hope that will help us make a lot more contacts. Hopefully, things will turn around.

This coming transfer, next week, either Elder ******* or I will be moved to a new location. Don't know who it is yet. If it's me, then this will be my eighth transfer on my mission. If not, I will beat my personal record of eight weeks in one area. No idea what the mission president is planning.

I do not sing at church or baptisms very often because they don't do a lot of special music in the meetings here. The president has also asked us not to sing in the choir so we can spend more time contacting and teaching, so we listen to the president.

I may need deodorant soon...

That's about it for this week. Hopefully, the next week will be better.

I love you guys, and the Church and Gospel are true!

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment