Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February 13, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,
I really do not understand people when it comes to food. I don't get why people think that a bowl of fruit for desert is a great treat. That makes no sense to me. How is anything healthy fun to eat? I can't think of anything that is healthy that is fun to eat. Why even have dessert? I fill myself with the main meal, the food that actually tasted good, so why is there a need to have dessert? I don't get it at all. They get so upset here if I don't eat a lot at the main meal, and then they expect me to have room for dessert? What is wrong with people here? And they get upset with me if I don't eat enough! Why get upset? Why not think, "oh well, more for me." When I have missionaries over and they say that they don't like the food or something like that, I will just respond with, "Then don't eat it." If they go home starving, that's their problem. I will not make fish though. I find fish to be the most offensive food to give to missionaries. I am lucky that I haven't had to eat it yet, but I know that if I do, I will only eat two bites, or I will literally throw up. Hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don't like fish.
Any way, so I have been switched with a different companion, yet I am in the same area, Rio Tavares. My new companion is Elder ****** and he seems kind of quiet so hopefully we get along. The ward that I am in is very cool, and there is actually an American family that lives here in Brazil, but all of their kids were born here, so they learned Portuguese before English. The dad teaches the cello or something like that, so that is awesome.
The English classes are going well also, and we have a few investigators that are new from them as well, and we gave out 16 Book of Mormons to all of them which is awesome.
Not much else is going on. Just trying to get by. Serving here is great, and I love serving the Lord every day here.
I love you,
Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment