Tuesday, July 10, 2012

May 28, 2012


Hello Family,

OK, so I am in this area with my new companion Elder ******.  He is a cool guy, but his accent is different and he talks very fast.  But I guess that will help since he does not know a lick of English and so I have to speak in just Portuguese.  It will help me to learn the language a lot.  He doesn't really like our area.  He doesn't really like the city in general.  I kind of had to help him to know that in order to be successful, we need to learn to love our areas.  Hopefully he will grow to love it.

Life is going good on the mission.   The only problem is, that my body does not need 7 hours of sleep at night.  So after the mission, I will not sleep as much.  probably.  The language is coming along, and my shyness is slowly fading, but I course I need to work harder and the Lord will give me the strength that I need in his own time.

I was not able to go back to the Buddhist man we were teaching because I had the transfer, but I do hope things turn out well for him.

That's about it for me.  The gospel is true and I enjoy being on a mission. I love you guys.

Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment