Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June 11, 2012

Hi Family!

Wow, sounds like a busy week!  That is crazy Erica will be in collrge this year.  I don't know if she will do better than me though. I raised the bar pretty high there...  Anyway, we made some new contacts, but had no success with anyone.  I'm still known as Brad Pitt around here and now I am also known as Pingo, which means child or nub, or retarded.  Well, not really retarded, but more of one who is still learning.  Ask Jeffery what nub means if you do not know.

Elder ********* says " Te-Agradeço" for the letter that you sent to everyone.  (it is a stronger form of thank you)

I have been eating a lot of two things recently in this area, and at almost every lunch:  Pinhão and Chicken heart.  Pinhão, I don't like it too much.  It is hard to describe, but think of a strong, bitter-yet-bland taste.  Everyone likes it here except Elder ******** and I.  Chicken heart on the other hand is delicious (of course I can't have too much because it is still a heart).  Think of a tough-and-chewy, slightly bloody, not too much, chicken taste.  Very good on pizza as well.  Except when they leave all the arteries attached...

Well, my money that I have been using from the church that we receive every two weeks, has just ran out because I had to pay for a lot of expenses because I didn't have everything I need because of the transfer so now I have to use my back-up funds because of that.  Not too fun.  I get slightly nervous about it.  My companion doesn't have money either.  Don't worry, this will not be a problem anymore by the middle of this week.  Nothing to worry about.  The mission gives plenty of money as it is.

My companion has signed me up to see the Eye Doctor, the mission's health plan covers it so it is completely free, one good thing about universal health care here in Brazil.  The only thing I don't know is my vision and the info about the glasses.  I dunno.  I don't think it's too much of a problem.

That's about it this week.  I am doing my best at writing letters so that I can send them to everyone.  I should get it done soon.  I love you guys!  The gospel is true.  Number one thing is to persevere until the end.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment