Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 9, 2012


Dear Family,

I am now here in ********.  It is pretty legit.  The food is good and the members are very cool.  There are not a lot of members in this ward.  Church attendance is about 15 people or so.  We did get references from some of the members, so this week we will visit them.  I enjoy working here.  I mean, there are no hills whatsoever. I did get sick though.  But I am doing better now.  I also have some fungus growing between my toes and it itches the heck out of me.  But I have a fungus creme - so I am using that right now.  It is always lots of fun over here in Brazil.

Oh yeah, how am I supposed to vote this coming election?  My companion is awesome.  It is nice to talk English with him.  He likes to work and we enjoy that.  He also conserves his money unlike Elder *******, so money is not being thrown away.

Did you guys send that package with the Deodorant and the spiker glue that you said you would on Mother's day? Just wondering.  I don't know the area too well, so I don't have much to say about it.  It is very cold here, though.  That was part of the reason I got a cold.  The cold weather comes with the rain.  I constantly had to blow my nose during church because it was very runny.  I also had a fever, so yesterday I pretty much just rested and today I feel great. 

The mission is going well. Whenever there is a transfer it takes about a week for things to start kicking back up again.  This letter will be very short sorry about that.  I like studying the scriptures everyday.  I learn something new every time I read, and something that I can apply for the day.  The scriptures are great.  I love them.  I love you guys and I enjoy your letters.

Love,
Elder Brady

[Kevin wrote to his sister, sharing a few extra missionary details, so we are passing them on to you.]

Hi Michelle,

It's great to hear from you.  That is crazy, you have a boy coming along.  I bet you will do great raising him.  I can't wait to come back and see him.  How are you guys doing?  The mission is good, I enjoy it and things are going great.  I am in a new area and it is very cold.    As for what I do on P-day [missionary preparation day], it all depends on the companion I have.  Some just like to stay at home and rest, others want to toss a football around.  Things are going great and thanks for your support.  I love you guys.

Love,
Elder Brady






No comments:

Post a Comment