Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June 25, 2012


Hello Family and Friends,

Another week has gone by, and it seems that time just goes faster and faster.  I can't keep track of time it seems.  I'm tired.  I'm always tired.  And to be honest, I kind of miss Joaçaba, even though it had a lot of hills.  It could be because I was there the longest.  This area is good too, but I don't know if I can survive another transfer with my companion.  I actually have had a few migraines this month.  So strong I almost threw up.  It stopped now.  But I am afraid of buses (the motion gives me the migraines).

Things are going fine.  It's just tough trying to find time to talk to people and reach them when they are home.  I don't even know what I'm writing about.  Oh we had English class and one person showed up.  we talked about auxiliary verbs.  That was the best day ever.

We had a zone conference that was about the three keys to success which tie in to the three stones of foundation or something like that.  The three stones are faith, love, and spirit, and the three keys are boldness, urgency, and consistency.  It was pretty good.  Our mission president said that we need to stay focused and go for the the thing that matters (which is the gospel of Jesus Christ of course).  He used an example of how he sent his wife to get one thing in the store, she was gone for two hours, came back with large amounts of stuff but not the thing that he needed.  He said we need to focus as he focuses at the store and grab the one thing and only the one thing and our missions will be a success.  His wife also pointed out that woman are better at multitasking then men are, which is true.

Serving a mission is tough but we do have to endure and obey.  Do the best that we can and be proud of our best.  and then learn to do better.  That is what I have been learning.  It helps so much on the mission, even the toughest parts.

I love you,

Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment