Sunday, June 3, 2012

May 21, 2012


Olá Família,

I have a transfer again this week.  I will have a new companion and new everything.  He will be Brazilian and he is from Rio de Janeiro.  That's all I know about him.  The city I will be going to is Lages.  Apparently it is very flat and considerably the coldest place on the mission.  Sometimes it has snow...  So I guess I will be learning how to appreciate cold or something.  The good news is that I will be improving my Portuguese with my new companion; the bad news is that if I have to do English class or something, it will be just me doing all the teaching.

This week was fine.  We found a school that teaches English called "FISK" and we visited and talked to the kids.  Some of the classes were advanced and could speak and understand really well.  Actually, the kids said that I was more understandable than Elder F*********.  I guess we kind of have slightly different accents.  But it was fun and we found a lot of people that seemed to like us, and they said that if we ever have time to visit their family and teach about the gospel we could.  I enjoyed it, some of them were really funny.

That about covers this week.  We found a Japanese Buddhist who seemed somewhat interested in our message.  We marked a chapter about faith for him to read and he said that he will take the liberty of reading more to try and actually study it.  We said that that was perfectly fine and encouraged him to do so.  So hopefully he receives an answer of the truthfulness of it.

I love you guys and hope you have a good week.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment