Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 14, 2012


Hey family and friends,

It was so great to hear from you all and I enjoyed every minute of our Mother's Day phone call (skype).  Things are beginning to turn around, especially since we are trying to find new people and get people to set a date for baptism.  The president has given out "Pass-off Cards" to all the juniors in the mission that they must get passed off by their district leader, and once they can, they are ready to be a senior whenever the president needs one. I am on the way to finishing it off this week.

We have been doing a lot more contacts these days trying to find people to teach. We had zone leaders come over this week and do divisions with us so they can help us find some people.  We did find a few and we will be preparing these people for baptism.  A lot of other people just said to come back at a different time.  So we will be going back until they say that they are not interested. 

This area is slightly difficult in some parts but areas are fine. The only problem is that lots of people don't want to walk to church and others don't want to go to church at 8:30 in the morning. They won't change the time either since lunch is the most important meal of the day here in Brazil and starting church after lunch would be annoying to some people.  I don't know.  Maybe we should start inviting people to sacrament meeting since that only starts at 10:30. 

I love the mission and I am glad that I made the decision to go.  I love you guys and I am grateful for the examples that you set for me.  I love you.

Love,
ElderKevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment