Friday, August 10, 2012

August 6, 2012



Hi Family,

Happy Birthday Mom.  Well, happy birthday in two days, but I won't be able to e-mail that day so here you are.  So, those were some cool letters from all of you.  Sounds like those past weeks [on the road trip] were fun. 

How is America doing in the Olympics? I saw a few Olympic competitions at some of the members houses who keep the TV on during lunch.  Unfortunately, it is showing only the Brazil team events.  Interesting stuff though.  This week was good.  My toe fungus appears to be going away.  Still itches every now and then.  This is the last month of winter over here and it is starting to get warm.  Can't wait.  I love the heat.  I might freeze when I go back home.

Well, this week we got a few references and we are going to visit one tonight.  Let's hope it doesn't get canceled again.  We have one family that is really good and golden, but they won't come to church.  It makes sense since they live so far away but it would be awesome if they did show up.  It could be the Dad that is stopping them, but who knows.  All I know is that they feel the spirit when we teach, and they would feel it more if they came.  The son is really studying what we give him and appears to be really searching for the truth.  Let's hope he feels it soon enough.

My companion is great.  We got to talking about jobs and things and he and I feel that he would do well as an Architect and we feel that I would do well as a movie/TV Writer/Directer.  I would love to do something like that.  Of course we need to finish our missions, but we like to talk about after-mission plans. 

Don't know if there will be baptisms any time soon since we just found out that one of our investigators is living with a man and they are not married and the others we are teaching are not progressing.  It is difficult to teach here and also the fact that the mission president is planning to close the area down in September. So unless we have about 3 or 4 baptisms, this city is no more.  It kind of stunts the motivation factor, but I will still try my best.  Sometimes something unexpected will happen (regarding a baptism), or it may end up being that our experience here was a personal growth type of thing. 

I love you guys and thank you for your support and encouragement.

Love,
Elder Brady.

It's the wide arm runner...  lulz [note from Shelly – this is an inside joke between father and son – don't ask :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment