Thursday, January 24, 2013

Monday December 31, 2012


Hello family and friends,

That was a lot of fun to see you all and talk to you on Christmas.  Everybody is growing up.  

This week was not that great because nobody wants to hear our message.  So it's just getting real sad here in ***********.  Everyone that we try to teach says to come back after New Years, or never.  So hopefully this week will be better.  Otherwise, I fear all of my letters are just going to be boring.

So this week we visited C********* who is a new member who is less-active and has some struggles.  He acted really weird for awhile (he might have been drunk). We stayed at his house for some time and he started to get sober again and normal.

We have a new woman investigator that came to church last Sunday with a less-active member but she didn't come this Sunday.  We visited her and she said that she would come to church but she didn't.  This week we will go and find out what's up.  She appears to like the message but then again so do a lot of other people who later decide to stop taking the lessons so we'll find out sooner or later.

Anyway, that was what went on this week.  Other than that stuff it's just the same old: People rejecting us, raining when we are outside, stopping when we get inside, muddy roads we have to walk on, when the road is cement it is dry, buses taking forever to arrive causing us to miss the other.  Of course there are some good things like sleep, and eating at the members houses and at home. Sorry if I am sounding down . . . it has been a hard week.

I am trying out shaving with a blade and cream to see if I have a skin reaction to that.  The electric shaver is irritating my skin.  I noticed that I only get acne right now where I shave and it itches like crazy so if it happens with a blade and cream then my skin is sensitive to shaving.  I will admit, I have never felt such a close shave before in my life.  I have never shaved with a blade and cream before.  I keep on cutting the mole on my face as well.  Also, close to my chin I cut. (I think I just mixed Portuguese grammar in that sentence).  But it heals up in like 5 seconds so it's no big deal.

Well I do hope that this week turns out better than last.  Things are going slow and fast at the same time.  Hopefully our luck will change as well since so far it seems we don't have any right now.  I'm trying not to give up but right now I am feeling a bit down.  I love you guys and I hope you have a good week.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment