Thursday, January 24, 2013

December 17, 2012


Hi Family and Friends,

Well, this week we had a conference and that was a good experience.  There were quite a few changes announced on certain things for the mission.  For example, one is that when we have a transfer, we leave on P-day (our preparation day which is Monday for us) instead of Wednesday or Thursday.  Also, a new rule is that we now, during the summer time, have to take, at the very least, two showers a day.  Strange for us Americans, but important.  It's been said that if we don't, fungus will start to grow on us.  Weird.

The president gave us some great tips on contacting people and planning.  He wants detailed planning.  I have never had to list all of the meetings during church before.  He also talked a bit about how he knew that his wife was the one to marry.  He gave us advice and said that choosing a wife should be 50% passion and 50% reason.  He then went to explain why.  It made some sense.  I guess.  

Practically all of our appointments fell through this week.  We did get to visit *****, though, and he liked the lesson.  The only thing that worries me is [whether] he is actually following through with his commitments.  We plan on visiting him this week and, if needs be, we will explain to him the importance of following through and how commitments are key to repentance.  Repentance not just asking for forgiveness, but it is also about changing our ways.  Commitments help us to change our ways.

We didn't find anyone to teach this week.  Nobody seems to want to accept our message.  I am not giving up though.  We are planting seeds everywhere we go so at least that is something that is good.  Like the parable that Jesus taught:  sometimes we just have to plant the seed and then wait for the Lord to do what is needed as we go on our way.  Then, one day in the future, other missionaries will come and harvest what has grown.  I feel that is why I was transfered so often.  Just to plant seeds in the hearts of the people here in Santa Catarina.  I hope that those seeds will someday bear fruit.

I will Skype on Christmas day after lunch so about 1 or 2 o'clock my time.  That is when I plan on calling, so be  ready.  I am excited.

Well I love you guys.  I hope that everything is going well for you.  Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment