Sunday, January 1, 2012

December 18, 2011

Hello Family and Friends,

Christmas is coming in fast and that means that we will soon be able to see each other.  That will be awesome.  Thanks for the Skype contact information, but I will not be able to check to see if it works until Christmas day. I will be going to one of the members' houses here in Brazil to Skype with you since it won´t happen at the lan house [?] and the good thing about it is that I won't have as short a time limit to talk with you.

It's hard to believe that I have been out six months already on the mission. Time is going by much faster. 

I am meeting some awesome missionaries and enjoying their company. (Right now, because there will be the mission Christmas Conference here in Chapecó, we have a ton of other missionaries in our apartment).  But they are all awesome.

I have realized that my patience has improved a lot because last night we played Monopoly Deal and I didn't get upset when I lost.

My companion is a lot better than everyone was making it seem, and how I was making it seem as well.  He is proof that you can't judge a book by its cover.  He does have his weird odds and ends but then again we probably all do.  He hasn't been a member long and it has been a little more than a year since he started his mission.  He talks a lot (one of my few pet peeves),  and he thinks that he knows everything.  I will admit that he knows a lot of things, but there are somethings that he doesn't know.

Dad, I do have a washing machine.  I wouldn't have the memory to remember to wash my clothes by hand and I am sure that Heavenly Father knows that as well, so we are all very blessed to have a washing machine.

You want to know what my biggest pet peeve is?  It's when I am with someone, and they say "alright we're leaving," and it ends up being 30 minutes after they say that before we leave.  Even after 3 minutes | want to pull my hair out.  My companion, unfortunately, often does that (prolongs the leaving).

So that is some of the life on a mission for me.  I love you all and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas.
 
Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment