Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hello,

I felt like starting my e-mail like Elder Turner. That is so weird that he is almost done when I have just started. I've got 19 months to go.

It is very comforting to hear that you still eat meat. I´ll miss those family get togethers during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don´t even know if they celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil. I know it's an American holiday but other countries have adopted it because I think they saw it as an excuse to eat more food. So maybe Brazil adopted it too. Who knows. Apparently every Christmas they have a Missionary Conference so that will be how I will celebrate that awesome day. I don't know if we go prosyliting on Christmas. I for one would not want two missionaries knocking on my door during Christmas, but that's just me. (Joking) Good to hear Halloween went awesome. Save the Reese´s for me. (Not Joking).

All right, so this week I escaped from Alcatraz, and I am now in Paridise. It is very warm heat here in Chapecó, and the most rain that we have had was the smallest sprinkle one can imagine. The rest of the days we have nice sunny weather. I am sorry that I have been awful with the pictures, but I do promise that next week, I will bring my camera. You guys can see my awesome farmers tan. Chapecó would probably be considered the cowboy city of Santa Cantarina. That is why it is so awesome. Out of the three cities I have served in, this one is the best.

My new companion, Elder V************** is great and the contrast between him and my previous companion is night and day. Elder F***** was constantly moving and walking, going from place to place. I don´t think he ever got tired, and Elder V** will sit down and take a break for a few minutes to rest. Some may see that as lazy, but we got three new investigators from it so I am not complaining. Elder V** pushes me in lessons to teach simple things, and that is pretty much where I get my language practice in. I guess that I should talk more at members homes, but I don´t know what to say since I have never been a talkative person. But it is no different than before since everyone sounded like they were speaking a different language before the mission, too.

Today was good. We went to the other mission apartment with other elders and we played Phase Ten. So now I am actually making friends on the mission which did not really happen before except with Elder T******.

These last few days I have been having a bit of insomnia, but last night I passed out, so that felt nice. I think the insomnia only happened because I am in a different place, so I don´t think it will last much longer.

No the package has not come yet. I may get it this week since my companion will go off to Floripa with the other Zone leader to get mail for the Zone conference this week. But I do not expect it until much later since we are in different countries. But I do have lots to talk about. It says in the handbook that we cannot talk more than 40 minutes unless the mission president allows more, because they don't want us to cause a money burden for you guys. But if you are fine with more, say it, and I can ask the mission president.

Investigators here are awesome. They are all reading the Book of Mormon and taking the lessons; the only thing they need is to actually come to church. That will help them a lot to progress.

Well, not much more time to write anything. I love you guys, and I look forward to the next e-mail. I still have trouble focusing, but that is something that I have to work at.

Love,
Elder Brady.

P.S. I had a dream that I was a little pig on a farm! Oink! Oink! Oink! (Harry Potter Puppet Pals - The Vortex)

No comments:

Post a Comment