Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 14, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

I got my Christmas package and the four letters that you sent to me, including the first “three days of Christmas.” Unfortunately, I was not patient and I opened them all immediately, so I now have everything. The good thing is that the gift will last because I received 4 jars of Peanut Butter! Thank you so much! I never thought that peanut butter would make the best Christmas gift ever, but it does. Also the maple flavoring and root beer concentrate is awesome (I didn´t know there was such a thing as root beer concentrate).

I am glad to hear Tessa is doing great and thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to try it. Emily threw up, that is no fun. I remember that throw-up always came out of my nose so hopefully that didn't happen to her.

Tessa's wedding pictures are great! I wish I had been there; but at the same time, I am glad I wasn't because you guys sent me a lot of those pictures and I am certain that it wasn't even half of what was actually taken. I don't have the patience for going through a picture session. But I did like the colors. I am guessing red and black [note: Kevin is color blind], but whatever they were it looked very classy! All of the colors have been great for each of my sisters' weddings, but I might go with pink and purple for my wedding. Maybe yellow too.

This week was good. We had two investigators come to church yesterday so that was exciting and they enjoyed it. Afterwards, my companion told me that the husband kept telling him that I sang good, so we might give a lesson to the family and sing a song to them. My companion had a good idea to get words to some Christmas songs and sing them to some investigators here, since they don´t really have Christmas songs here in Brazil. At first I was like, "But it doesn't snow in Brazil" and my companion said "It doesn't matter, the songs are in English. They won´t understand!" So, that was a good point.

I sent letters to you guys earlier this week and hopefully they will get there soon. The strike is over at the post office in Floripa so we don´t have to worry about that. Oh, yeah, I was wondering if you guys could send me a bunch of recipes for cinnamon rolls and cookies and other things, because I think it would be a good Idea to make them and give them to investigators. Just send all types of recipes and I will find out if they have the things here in Brazil or not. Actually Elder V*****I, who is a missionary that lives in the same house as us, is going to help me make the cookies from the back of the Reese´s peanut butter chip package you guys sent me. We just need chocolate powder or something like that and then we can make it.

We have a missionary in our apartment who, every night, gets worried about some "demon" that is outside, and he runs around the house closing the windows and doors, and he seems paranoid about every single thing. I don't think I could be his companion because I might laugh at the situation and he would freak out on me. My companion is saying that he is just creepy but I am amused because I have seen a lot creepier. To me it's just funny. I don't think I could handle having a child like him because I could never take him seriously.

Well, it is great to hear from you all. Tell me the play Tessa has been in and what musical she will be doing next term. And no, you guys did not tell me about Erica and Emily being in the Christmas Carol.

I love all of you and have a very great week. You are all in my prayers.

Elder Kevin Brady

P.S. Tell Elder Craft that I have lost "The Game."

No comments:

Post a Comment