Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 24, 2011

Hello Family and Friends,

It is great to hear from everybody and to feel all of your support. First off, to answer a couple of your questions. The only Elder ****** that is in my mission, (who was also in my district at the CTM) was from Idaho. So if his family moved sometime in their lives, either from or to Oregon, than yes I do know that Elder *****. I´m not sure how to spell it either.

Anyway, thank you for the Christmas gifts, and I hope that the package will come soon. I seriously hope that it will arrive shortly. Thanks so much for the letters as well. Yesterday I had a really great lunch. The members are a little rich so they had plenty of steak and sausages that they cooked like they cooked at the restaurant Brazil Grill, because all grills here are like that. I love meat. I also love chips. Chips are great. That is one thing that I give Brazil a handshake for because nobody can live with out chips. I´d rather have chips for desert than Strawberries. The language is coming and the President told me that it will come and I need to be patient, and that I will eventually have fluency.

My least favorite thing to do on my mission is make contacts. I know that if I do, I will be blessed. And even though I know that the people will never see me again, it is terrifying beyond belief. I try to avoid it as much as possible unless I am on exchanges with another Elder, and then it is somehow much easier. Like when I went with another missionary we took turns. That was very fun, but with Elder *****, he takes all the easy ones and so I, who am still learning the language, have to go completely out of my way to find a contact. it is frustrating. But, whatever. I guess I should make some contacts, since the Lord wants me too. My companion has been saying that I will pretty much go to “you know where” if I don´t. I´ve tried to explain to him before that I have a fear and he said "Oh, but you don´t have a fear of video games?" Yes, because those things are completely related. Sometimes I want to know what is going on inside his head.

For instance we were going to visit a family and they said to come back in about ten minutes and so we called some people and then returned. But when we came back to the house, Elder ****** didn´t clap his hands (we clap outside gates instead of knock on doors in Brazil), instead he tried to call, and they didn´t answer. What are you thinking Elder? You clap, they said come, some people don´t like to answer phones. Maybe these sorts of things work if you are a missionary for the church of what´s happening now, but for The Church of Jesus Christ we do things differently.

Oh, and I hope that next week I can see the pictures of Michelle´s family because I wasn't able to see them this week.

Well I love you guys and I am so glad to hear from you. Monday´s are my favorite days too, but today there was an emergency transfer so I had to be in Florianopolis all day until now. Keep sending letters. I have gotten 4 letters so far out here in the field. Maybe three.

Love you,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment