Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 17, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,

Same companion and branch.  We did get beds and a table today though, so that is great.  There will be a transfer next week. So at the end of this week, I will find out who my new companion is and if I will stay here in V******** or go to a new area.  Fun stuff. 

It is good to here everyone is doing well at home.  I remember Ms.. Reddekop.  Larson sounds familiar.  The others, not so much.  But yes, I was on the Wolves team at the middle school.  We actually were the best students in the school.  I remember when all the other teams were not allowed to go to the assembly because there was a riot during their lunch.  Our lunch was with some 8th grade team so we weren't there and we still got to go to the assembly and automatically won the cougar. 

So the members are fine.  They are just late to everything.  A meeting can start at 8:30 and they arrive at 8:45 or 9:00.  It really bothers me.  Especially if I have other more productive things that I could be doing.  I need to learn patience; but they need to learn to be on time. 

The lunch food I eat is still great.  They have hot sauce at almost every lunch. The sauce comes from the hottest pepper in Brazil.  It tastes really good.  I dump it on my rice and beans.  The members do too, so it is not bad manners.  Don't worry - I know manners.  I believe I had the best manners when I was at home.  Especially at drinking water.

The weather is getting warmer.  Right now it is perfect weather.  Overcast and warm.  No rain and no sun.  I love it.  It can't get much better than that.  Also winter has passed.  So now I won't have to feel cold for a long time.  I love the heat.  I can't stand cold.

I haven't eaten fish yet.  And I am happy about that.  Well, I took a bite out of fish at a buffet, thinking it was fried chicken.  I found out quickly it wasn't.  The good thing is that it was very bland and had very little fishy taste, so I didn't throw up :)

I love you guys and I know the church is true.  Have a great week everyone and remember the Lord and what he has done for us.  I am so grateful for him.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment