Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011

Dear family and friends,

This is the last week here and I am so excited to head off to Florianópolis. The week is going by extremely fast; I don´t think I can keep up!

I will be able to get a picture of me and Elder Scott Brady on Monday, and then the next P-day after that, I will be able to send all of my pictures via e-mail. I won´t know exactly how, but I will be allowed an hour to figure it out when I e-mail. I was sad because I wasn´t able to get a picture with Elder Craft because my companion didn´t want to go to snack this last Monday. Mondays during snack time are the only time other than our P-Day that we are allowed to take pictures. By the way, the picture of the mission president in Florianópolis that you guys have in the booklet is old because we now have a completely new mission president. So I really don´t have an idea what he will be like.

I got a new watch today just so I can have two, and I also got two new ties. They are purple and very nice.

We had a great testimony meeting on Sunday and yesterday. The testimony on Sunday was during district meeting and it was my idea since it was our last district meeting together. The one yesterday was Irmão Costa´s idea and we gave our testimonies in Portuguese while he gave his in English. It´s funny because he learned our language just by singing English songs and teaching himself.

Today was the last temple day that I will have for the rest of my mission and it was really great and spiritual. I´m doing my best to learn the language. Elder Craft and I were talking about how when we get back we will only talk in Portuguese together and only on rare occasions will we speak English, like for instance if we need to communicate with someone else. That will help with studying the language after my mission.

So, I think that Santa Catarina, which is my entire mission, is half the size of Oregon; and there are only about 85 missionaries in our mission, at least that is what I have heard.

At the distribution center I got two general conference issues of the Liahona: one in English and one in Portuguese. So that will help a bit with learning the language, according to Preach My Gospel.

I´m running out of ideas on what to write. It was good to hear from you all. It´s cool to hear how Michelle got to see the temple in Kirtland. It was also very good to hear from Tessa. Remember that the new address is at the mission home and that is in the booklet that you have. Please find it and write it on the blog or something so that people will know, if they want to send me something, what the address is. I can´t write it down because the enter doesn´t work on this keyboard and I don´t have any time left. I love you all, and hope to hear from you again.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

**Note from Blog manager: Kevin is leaving the CTM on August 9th, 2011. Please send any mail to the following address:


Elder Kevin Patrick Brady
Brazil Florianópolis Mission
R. Feliciano Nunes Pires, 42
Centro
88015-220 Florianópolis - SC
Brazil

**Please note that postage from the USA to Florianópolis is 98 cents

Kevin would love any notes or letters - mail, email, or comments on the blog that I can pass on to him. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Elder Brady, So excited for you. It is so fun to hear all about what is going on with you!
    Grandpa and I have been super busy with projects here in Oregon. Grandpa just finished sweeping the entire roof to rid it of moss (we had killed the moss first). I am working on a painting here at the house and going to art class in Happy Valley every other Thursday. Nothing going on as exciting as what you are doing....serving the Lord 100% of your time is wonderful. I did just finish reading a biography on the prophet Joseph F Smith (Hyrum's son) - it was amazing. He went on his first mission to Hawaii at the age of 15yr. and served that mission (many to follow) for four years! can you imagine. I love you and again, we continue to pray for your well being! Love Grandma and Grandpa Ferre

    ReplyDelete