Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 3, 2012


Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry to hear that everyone is getting sick over there.  That's no fun... at times.  Of course, I remember that I liked being sick because I got to watch T.V.  Those were good times.  I am sorry also to hear that our friend's house was broken into.  I hate it when people steal.  How rude.

Well, this week we are still teaching the same people.  We have two new investigators.  This week we are going back to visit them.  One liked to talk about Jesus and he liked our message and asked a lot of great questions while we taught him.  The other got a diploma for studying the Bible so I think that his real intention for letting us teach him--to Bible-bash; but don't worry--we always just bear our testimony instead.  Bible-bashing won't do any good.  But he is a cool guy, and he likes what we teach.

We have done a lot of contacting people this week but no one really wants to hear our message.  Everyone says that they were born Catholic, they still are Catholic, and they will die catholic.  I don't understand why, since many of them say that they don't even frequent the church.  It makes no sense.  Other people see us and just shake their finger and say, "No."  I think that is the most hilarious.  They start yelling at us that they have no time.  I just laugh. So many people reject us without even knowing what our church is about.  It is sad.  But some people, well, I can only just laugh.

We still are going to go out and talk with people.  Try to find new people since three investigators is not enough to work with.  We are getting to know the area better, so it is easier to get around.

I got the Christmas Package.  Or, it arrived in the mail, but I had to pay 75 bucks because of taxes.  What exactly did you put in there? I'm excited.  It must be really cool.  Yeah, so that is kind of why I have been using my personal card a bit because of the Christmas box.

Well that has been my week.  Sorry this is really short.  I love you guys though.  I am grateful for your prayers.  I pray for you too.  Have a good week.  I love you.

Love,
Elder Kevin Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment